Grateful for my Mother, Grandma, and Mamaw who taught me how to be a Mother. Their examples of steadfastness, mercy, grace and unconditional love are what have shaped who I am today.
I am grateful for my once empty arms.
I am grateful, that finally, I am holding my own child in those very same arms.
I am grateful that while I worship tomorrow morning; I will be holding my child, with her ear buried in my mouth as I praise my Father and thank Him for the sacrifice of His Child.
I am grateful that she has no other place she would rather be.
She loves to be in my arms.....while I type....fold laundry.....read my Bible...watch T.V....do the dishes...cook dinner. I know that because of those once empty arms, I have on occasion had a hard time letting someone else hold my children while in worship. And I know what it is. It is loss....I know that loss has affected me....it causes me to remember...it causes me to not want to let go...to cherish every moment...even those that make you feel the loss of your sanity!
Loss made it hard to sit in church services and honor those women who were what I desperately longed to be, so I did not go. Tomorrow will be different! For on this Mother's day, I have in my arms what my heart has longed for, my child. My Ella Katherine will be in my once empty arms!
I have frequently heard over the last few years many people make the statement that Matt and I sure do have "our hands full". To which I respond I want them full rather than empty!
So today, tomorrow and always I Am Grateful!
Thank you Momma, Grandma and Mamaw! I love you and Happy Mother's Day.
And for my beautiful Ella Kate, thank you Lord, I am grateful.

That's so precious, Michelle! It makes me smile every time I see you with your arms full! You are blessed and so is Ella Kate and the rest of the gang!
ReplyDelete