Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hello and Welcome

Hello, I'm Michelle. I'm married to my wonderful husband Matt, and we have a beautiful daughter Ella Kate. I am creating this blog to keep our family and friends, who have been an integral part of our journey to a family, updated on where we are along the way. On December 5, 2008 we adopted our daughter Ella Kate. She has Down Syndrome and even though she was not born of me, she is our child. She is a spitfire of an angel who shows us daily God's unconditional love. She has my husbands bubbly personality and eyes and both of our stubborn streaks. She has never met a stranger and is the life of the party. She inspires me to be better, to keep going, to love unconditionally and to be the best mommy I can. She is special because God made her and we are very blessed to be her parents. We have waited for ten years to become parents with lots of struggles along the way. We must say that like our marriage God had a special soul in mind to be our oldest child.....I am so glad we answered His call to become foster parents! I know that our faith is what has kept us going through the struggles and I thank God for blessing us. I pray we bring glory to God as we raise her. With lots of love and faith in God we anxiously await to be the forever parents of our other two foster daughters who have been a part of our family for over two years. We will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment